Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ocean City State Park

Every year we try to go camping, usually in August, but whenever we can get there. I came late to the camping thing but I really do enjoy it. As I have said before it is mostly because I don't have to do anything but the packing and set up the bed. Terry takes care of everything else, cooking, cleaning, set-up and breakdown. FAB U LOUS!! We usually go with Aunt Judy and Uncle Dave to Ocean City State Park but this year we ventured out on our own. We put the memories of last year out of our minds...it rained...alot, and set out for Isabels first campout. Why not with a baby? Max was a camper at 6 weeks old.

When we left Snoqualmie it was hot and we checked the weather forecast for the beach. They were calling for temperatures in the 70's, so I packed the sunscreen and my bikini. Yippee!! A little color on my cheeks, if you know what I mean! Max hated the car ride, but what kid enjoys being cooped up in the car for over 2 hours? As we approached the coast we noticed the coastal fog...should have been a warning, but we of course pressed on. We got there, set up camp and headed to the beach. It was a little chilly and very windy but we made the most of it!

Daddy always brings his kite to the ocean and now Max is old enough to enjoy it.

 Ready to go daddy, just get it in the air!

 The smile says it all.

That night it rained!! We woke up to a very wet campsite and a cold windy day. Max has no problem with adversity. He just goes with the flow. I love that about him and I hope that my issues never cloud his perspective. Before getting back in the car for another looooong journey home, we, Max and daddy played on the beach, Isabel and and I hung out in the warm car, eating and reading, respectively.

 Max loves to direct how the play goes. Here he is telling daddy what to do.

 Max sticks his tongue out when he concentrates, just like Grandpa!

 Cold and windy, but very happy.

Max is such a happy boy. I love his ability to go with the flow. I need to be more like him. One day maybe we will be able to camp in Ocean City State Park and have it NOT rain on us. Until then we will continue to try, I can do it if Max can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment