Saturday, September 8, 2012

First Day of School

Max had his first day of school on Thursday. He goes two days a week to a local school close to the house. He was soooo excited to be starting school and talked about it for weeks. We went and visited the school back in June and he was ready then.
In all the excitement and anticipation I forgot one very important thing...to tell him that he would be staying at the school by himself. It didn't seem to matter to him. We gingerly approached him to say goodbye and ask for kisses and all he said was, "Go!" Clearly, I was worried for nothing. 

Here are some great pictures from the day!

Max is saying, "First day of school!"

 I can't tell you how excited he was, but you can see it in his face!

 I walked behind them in case I felt the overwhelming desire to bawl my eyes out! I didn't do it on the way there. I did it as we were leaving our baby with strangers after he unceremoniously told us to go!

 Waiting for them to open the doors. Miss Leslie opened them and called out to Max welcoming him to school.

While he was in school, I got to spend some quality time with my good friend Dorothy. We sat and ate coffee cake while talking about kids and raising them. It helped me to not sit at home alone and dwell on my little man taking his first big steps out into the world. Thanks Dorothy, your the greatest!

 All the kids were given treats for the 1st day. Not a regular thing, thank goodness! He also hit a major milestone, no accidents and telling his teachers he had to potty, twice!! I probably would have given him candy for that too! What a big boy!

 This beautiful piece of art work now graces our refridgerator. I can't wait to have more of his creations proudly displayed.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you all for surviving the first day of preschool!! Love Aunt Maryann

    ReplyDelete