Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Did It!!!

Well, I did it! Exactly 4 weeks to the day that Isabel was born, I ventured out with both kids, by myself! I had originally given myself 6 weeks to accomplish this monumental task. It certainly helped that Isabel woke up that morning at 6 AM for a feeding and Maxwell woke at 7AM. Soooo, I just went with it. I threw my type A personality to the wind and just said, do it! My only goal was to get to Target, as we were dangerously close to running out of diapers for Isabel. Amazingly we made it there by 11 and were home by 12:30. We even stopped at Jamba Juice to get Max a treat for being such a good listener and big helper. I can't stop patting myself on the back for the accomplishment. Not everyday has gone that smoothly, but I am thankful that my first outing went off without a hitch. Hooray for me!

Below are some pictures from the last week. Before Gramma left we went over the mountain to get some produce for canning. It was a wonderful trip and we even scoped out Cle Elum as a place for her to maybe move to.

After those pictures are some of Max finishing up opening his birthday presents. It took him a couple of days. I think it was all a little overwhelming. Note to self...not so many presents next time!

 Riding the ponies at the farmstand.

 Cowboy Maxwell!

 The cutest cowboy this side of the cascades! 

 One of Max's presents was a paint set. Here he is with daddy making his first masterpiece.

 Gramma informed us that even Picasso painted in the buff...

And last but not least, his very own lawn mower. What a handsome pair!

 He even stops to refill the tank with gas, just like daddy.

And he knows when to replace the lid to the gas tank. That's a daddies boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment