Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blueberry picking and so much more

The last 14 days have been an absolute whirlwind. I can't tell you how much I have been stressing out about giving Max attention. I didn't want him to think that we had abandoned him. I have been dealing with emotions that never occured to me. I was ready for the hormonal surge and the learning curve of a new baby and trying to get her to nurse. What I wasn't ready for, was how much I would be mourning the loss of my relationship with my first born. I love Isabel but I feel like I am leaving him behind. I am so grateful for having my mom here to help with Max and Isabel. I know eventually I will have to do everything on my own but, right now I am taking advantage of all the help.

I am finding little bits of time to devote to Max and trying to keep things as they were before. Storytime, snuggle time, play park time, I just want to continue to give him the structure that children his age need. It is hard, but as time goes on I think that things will get a little easier. Once Isabel is on a more regular schedule, I think, I might be able to have more time for loving on my bestest boy! At least that is my goal.

So here are some great pictures of the last 2 weeks, starting with blueberry picking.
 "the dark blue ones Max, only pick the dark blue ones!"

 Gramma picking with Isabel to give Max and I some time to bond.

 Max picked the aisles, I just followed behind adding to his blueberries.

 Sitting down and having a moment. He also did great with potty training and had no accidents. Thank heavens for spiffy biffy's!

 Having a blueberry picnic! True to form he hasn't eaten any since we have been back home. Only when we pick.

This is a picture of Isabel at only 3 days old. Max just gave her some of his toys to play with when he went up to have his nap. What a great big brother! Little does she know that he may share, but he directs how we play.

 A couple of very wise friends have gotten Max some gifts to show him that he is special too. Thanks so much to Nana C, also known as Cheryl Anderson for the awesome tow truck and Jen and Benji Bollinger for the airplane kit. Max has put it together and painted it with daddy. A real bonding experience for both of them.

He was so concentrated on the painting. Max also got another kit from Gramma. A biplane this time. He has done an awesome job with both.

 Isabel's 1st bath. A real family affair. I am the only one who doesn't have my hands in her bath. Max did a great job helping to wash and rinse her.

 Such a tiny little bundle.

 After Isabel's bath Max decided to relive his babyhood. He took a bath downstairs also. It was super cute.

Gramma and the grand babies. She couldn't be happier and Max is really enjoying having her around. She even gets down and plays race cars on his rug. She has been spoiling him with love, treats and presents. What do I do with him once she is gone? A hard act to follow!

Will post more soon. I have a back log of posts from before Isabel came.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment