Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Loot

This year Christmas was a blast! Max was much more into the Holiday this year. I think the Advent Calender definitely warmed him up. He and daddy making cookies for Santa, helped also. I began to worry about the quantity of presents that we got him as the days grew closer. We both agreed that it was A LOT. Lately on the news they have been taking about, recycling and re-gifting and reducing waste. Are we setting a bad precedent? Probably. Will I need a reminder of this next year, to not get so much stuff? Absolutely!

All that being said, I wanted to make sure to get, the first look, picture.
 The first thing he noticed was the plate with cookies.

 He chose the first gift and we thought it was going to be on after that.

 Nope! He was more interested in the desk. He checked out all the bins.

 Terry and I had to prompt him to open some presents. Note the birthday paper. That tells you how much stuff we got...I ran out of Christmas paper!

 Gramma and Grandpa sent him some really great Chevron cars. After the first one he said "All Done." Knowing that there were more cars I had to push him to open more. He was clearly overwhelmed.

 His favorite by far is the little blue pickup truck and horse trailer. Coincidentally it matches one of his favorite books, "Little Blue Truck." Way to go Gramma and Grandpa! Many, many thanks!

This is me and my new Breadmaker! Terry and I have been talking about one for years. We have so far made 2 loaves of bread and some really yummy pizza dough. Terry does all the work. Max and I just enjoy the efforts. The best type of gift.

This is Terry and his new Espresso machine. We decided if he wanted to feed the habit we should try to make it a little cheaper. I have almost given up coffee so this was all for Terry. As you can tell, he likes it alot. He made himself a mocha first thing. He says it tastes just as good as the coffee stand.

 We let Max play with his cars for a while, so that we could open some of our presents. Afterward, I grabbed one sure to get him back on track. Handy Manny!

 Then I brought out the big guns!! Max has loved taking pictures with our camera, so we got him one of his own.

Here he is waiting patiently for me to take it out of the wrapping.

 Taking his first picture while mommy reads the destructions.

 He loves it! Everytime he takes a picture he bounces just a little, so they are usually a little blurry. It sure is cute though.

 Desk in place, he is using it as a playstation.

 Here is Max drawing, finally, at his art table. Yup! He is a lefty.

This is Max and I enjoying daddys first loaf of bread. Now everytime we make some Max participates in loading the ingredients into the machine.

After opening presents we went to our friends Richard and Lucy's for Christmas Dinner. It was great to see them and Anthony and Nikki. I hope everyone had an equally great day filled with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment