Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Handiwork

Some of you may know that I started a gardening business a couple of years ago called Rootopia Designs. I have a couple of clients around town and one that a see fairly regularly. Most of my work is planting custom containers, window boxes and vegetable gardens. I have occasionally done some landscape design, but I really like the small scale stuff and maintenance.
Early in November I scored the smallest job with the biggest potential for a local restaurant in town. There is a really nice steak house in Snoqualmie called, The Woodman Lodge. They have about 10 window boxes surrounding their beautifully restored building. There is one in the very front, at the entrance that gets the most visual traffic. I have been watching the window boxes beat a hasty and sad retreat as the weather has turned frigid. Finally I came to the desicion that I needed to call them and offer my services. The owner, Peter, is a very nice man who acknowledged that he had let the boxes go and just didn't have the time for regular maintenance. 
AH HA!!! Enter Rootopia Designs!
I gave him a few ideas and he jumped at the holiday theme. So I got the job to redo the front entrance window box as a starter.


Sorry the photos are so small I took them with me cell phone.

I planted white blooming Hellebores and a Jean's Dilly Spruce that he is going to put miniature lights in for the holidays. There is also Bergenia, Pinot Gris Heuchera and Pansies to match the color of the building. He was very pleased with how it turned out and when spring rolls around he wants me to continue re-doing the remaining containers and providing regular maintenance.

Not bad for a stay at home mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment