Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mother's Day

I know that I am a little late in posting these pictures but I have been busy, sick, and working alot.

I did however, have an excellent Mother's Day. I actually got 2 days for my day. How great is that?? I was woken up by my boys bearing gifts. A beautiful new stepping stone that Max put all the decorations in himself. He very proudly declared to me. Then they made me pancakes and then we headed to the Cedar River Watershed Education Center for their annual tea and talks. We actually participated in neither, but we strolled around Rattlesnake Lake and did some beautiful nature crafts. Max and daddy made me an amazing bookmark with real, actual, pressed flowers and leaves. It is laminated so I will have it forever. No doubt using it to mark my page in many a "how to raise children" books.

After crafting we headed to the lake, where I relaxed on the rocky beach in the sun while Max and daddy threw rocks and sticks into the lake.

 Though Max has demonstrated himself to be a lefty. He still regularly uses his right hand for lots of things.

 He showed no fear and stomped right into the lake. Though the day was quite warm, it was quite cold.

 He decided to throw rocks directly into the stump.

 Daddy was hesistant to get his feet wet.

"Hi Mommy!"

 Being extra careful how he walks on the rocks.

Throwing rocks back onto the beach.

Looking at fishermen in rafts and canoes.

When we got back to the house, Max and daddy had lunch while I went to the local nail salon for my annual Mother's Day manicure and pedicure. It was a great Sunday afternoon and I thoroughly enjoyed my day off. On Monday, I got the second half of my gift. Daddy was my garden slave at the pea patch. He tilled in some compost and we planted some veggie starts. Maxs new favorite thing is eating leaves. So, I planted lots of leaf crops. Spinach, lettuce, cabbage and broccoli, as well as cucumber, tomato and tomatillo. The pea patch gets alot more sun then the front of the house, so hopefully...I might actually get some vegetables this year.

I can't wait to see what next year brings. I am so looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment