Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Okay, so I am a couple of days late. Max and I have both been very sick and needed lots of rest and TLC. We are bothing feeling much better now, he on antibionics and I muddling through.
We did however have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I wanted to share a picture of the spread. This was the first time I have attempted to cook a Thanksgiving dinner by myself for my family. Sure I have always contributed a dish or a pie, but this was different. Terry did a great job of brining and roasting the turkey. Including making a, fly by the seat of his pants, stuffing for the bird. It was delicious.

Our good friend and former neighbor, Mike, joined us and we were a cozy group. He even brought me flowers, a bottle of organic wine and a chocolate cake. Now you see why he is such a good friend!! Terry wanted turkey and ham, so he was in charge of the gobbler and I was in charge of everything else. We had stuffing with chicken and apple sausage (storebought), roasted brussels sprouts, butternut squash with brown sugar and butter, homemade gravy and cranberry in a can.  It isn't Thanks giving without cranberry in a can! The boys made up the gravy on the spot and, WOW, it was great!

A little informal but wonderful.
You can clearly see Max's sophisticated palate preferences, chicken nuggets, wagon wheel noodles and mixed veggies. What can I say, I am not going to push him, surely he will figure it out.

We all had a great time and stayed up way to late talking. I am so grateful for my little family and friends. I hope that next year we can do it again. Maybe I will even try to make a stuffing by myself, especially after Terrys success.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment