Monday, November 28, 2011

All By Myself

Many moons ago, I used to go to the movies by myself all the time. Sometimes 2 or 3 a week. I think that is what living in California does for you. I was always so aware of what was going on in the movie world and I knew lots of actors and hung out with movie industry peeps. I dare not call these people my friends because as of today, I communicate with none of them. That's okay though. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride while it lasted and I have lots of memories to relive in my own mind.
But, I digress...today, for the first time since Max was born I went out, by myself, to the movies. Some of you may be saying, Yippee, and good for you, but it was very hard for me to do it. Yes, I realize Max is 27 months old and that is a long time to wait. I just struggle with the idea of leaving him for something as frivolous as a movie when I already leave him 4 nights a week to go to work.
It was worth it though. I planned my outing for right when he went down for a nap and was home within an hour of him waking up. As I pulled out of the driveway crying, I prepared myself for this...

My good friend Rachael turned me on to this series and all I can say is, Thank You! Before you say anything else, know this, I am not one of those obsessed fans, I just enjoy a good, romantic love story.

So, thank you to Terry for being such a good daddy, pushing me out the door and telling me that everything would be alright for the 2.5 hours I was going to be gone. I sure do love you honey! Not in a blood sucking forever kind of way, but you get the idea. I really had a good time and didn't think about Max for at least 1 hour and 45 minutes. Okay, maybe just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment