Sunday, October 23, 2011

Buzz Talking

This summer Max and I were very busy. We went over the mountain a few times, including once with daddy, to get fruits and veggies to can and make salsa. My good friend Rachael taught me how to make salsa and how to can. I can't thank her enough. This year I made 40 jars of salsa and canned 2 boxes of pears, Max's favorite, and I tried my hand at apricots. The farm stand that we went to last year, sadly, had closed and went out of business. Probably because their prices were so cheap.
This year we found a new farm stand with excellent prices and lots and lots of stuff. Red Sky Orchards off of Interstate 90 at exit #93. The guys that work there were great and always offered Max and I samples. Max never turns down fruit, especially cherries. Just outside of the stand they have some super cute photo-ops.


Isn't he the cutest bumblebee around?

Little by little Max has started to speak a little more clearly. I am pretty sure that we are still the only people who can understand him. He has begun to use 2 and some 3 word sentences. Some words are crystal clear, worths only vaguely resemble his true intent. The word "ment," means cement mixer. Of course we have all the words for cars and trucks. What boy wouldn't know how to say tractor or lawn mower.

I am told that one day, suddenly, he will just start talking all sorts of words and we will be able to understand everything he says. I am excited for the day, but I kind of like the mystery of trying to figure out what he is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment