Monday, September 12, 2011

All Boy and Then Some...

Do you remember a couple of months back when I posted about how much Maxwell had become all boy, despite my wanting him to embrace his feminine side? You know the Nature vs. Nurture post? Well, about two weeks after that posting, the most curious thing happened. We were leaving to go for a walk to the park and Max decided he wanted to bring along a friend.

His baby doll came along for the ride and boy did he get a ride!

Max climbed with him, with my help of course!

And went down the slide with him, well kind of...

well, the baby went down the slide anyway!

He would push the baby down the slide and wait at the top for me to give the baby back to him to push down again. Now, since this poor, unassuming baby doll used to be mine it was a little hard for me to watch my son, treating him so roughly. So after a few solo slides the baby got tired and went to sleep in the stroller while Max and I continued to play.

Was that wrong? I mean really, where does my allegience lie? With my baby or with my baby boy?
Aaahhhhhhhhh, life's little dilemmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment