Thursday, June 2, 2011

Zoo Day with Jake

Max and I met Jake and Bridge at the Zoo on Tuesday morning. In the morning while we were getting ready it looked like it was going to be a beautiful outside. Ah! But we live in Washington little grasshopper!! I even called Bridge in the morning to check the weather in her neck of the woods. All clear! We left with confidence in a great day of sunshine. As soon as we got the zoo in we were in the gates. It started to rain! So we ran to the Zoomazium and figured we would just hang out there and play for a while. The boys had other ideas! Max as usual hung out by the entrance of the toddler area being the gatekeeper. Maybe it's the giant banana slug door handle, I don't know. Anyway, Jake and Max were ignoring each other as usual. Just two kids in their own world. I guess Jake was bored so he wanted to head outside in the rain. I tried to get Max to join in, but no way, no how!
So yet again Bridge and I spend a play date speaking in 3 word sentences chasing our boys in opposite directions. Finally I put a screaming Max in his stroller and we went off in search of the gorillas. He likes them and I know if we can just change the scenery his attitude will change. So off we go in the sprinkles and see the Jaguars, curled up like big kitties and the gorillas having a lazy day right in front of the glass. Both boys seemed to like seeing them up close. While we were undercover it started to rain in earnest and Bridge and I just decided to call it quits. The rain, the grumpies and us looking a little down trodden, play date failure!
Before we parted ways, there is a bronze sculpture area near the gorillas display with life size gorillas. Oddly enough both Max and Jake exhibit the same adorable behavior. They begin running after each other kissing the sculptures. Super Cuteness!! Max has been kissing everything lately, his pizza, right before he eats it, his cars, Thomas the Tank Engine, books, you name, he loves it. Bridge says that Jake is doing the same thing. Good to know it's not just my silly boy.

Anyway here are some pictures in the sculpture garden.
 This is my friend the silverback, come say hi mommy.
 This is my little friend. He is more my size.
But I just want to give you a hug buddy!

When Bridge and I parted that afternoon we said that the next playdate would be just us and a bottle of wine. That is more like it. I can't wait!
I was good to see you both and hopefully we can try the zoo again when it stops raining!

No comments:

Post a Comment