Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Okay! So I am a little late! Anybody who parents a toddler will understand that your time is no longer your own and I do things when I get around to them, instead of when the calender dictates. Anyway, I though I would show everyone what I did for Terry's 2nd official Father's Day and how we did it. The first was hard to beat and this year Maxwell was a little less then cooperative. I had big plans and instead came up with something much more enjoyable for both Max and myself.
We went to the local CSA farm, Jubilee Farms, and checked out chickens, tractors and the veggie starts. It was an amazing day on Wednesday last week so we walked all over the farm investigating stuff.
In case you are new to the blog, Maxwell loves large machinery! This was next to one of the tractor wheels. I said, "go over there and stand in front of the wheel so I can take your picture." And he did! Of course he wanted to climb on it but I said no and he was actually alright with it.
Then we walked around to find the chickens. They usually have them in a movable hen house so that they can use the poop for the fields.
 Here is Max walking right up to the coop. No fear at all. The chickens all came running up to see who was there.
 There was lots of tall grass with seed heads and Max was trying to get the chickens to eat the grass.
This naughty red chicken actually pecked at his fingers while he was holding on to the fence. He didn't cry, just looked at me like "what the heck!"
We walked through the orchard and the veggie area. Let me re-phrase, I walked with him on my shoulders through the orchard and veggie area. When we got out into the fields a little I put him down so that he could walk around and explore and get out some energy. Nothing doing!
This is Max being mad at me for not picking him up. One of his new words is "uppy." Needless to say, I did not pick him up and walked away, calling him until finally he looked up, saw me, smiled and ran after me. Aha! My evil plan worked this time. Next time I may not be so lucky.
We stopped on a sloping hill to rest and check out another tractor when we caught sight of a slug.
Both Terry and I have been working to get him to touch and explore things. Unfortunately he is like me when I was young and doesn't really want to get dirty, at first. He watched the slug until he disappeared into the grass.
I love this picture of us and he loves getting his picture taken.
Here is daddy's Father's Day present.
Max did a great job on the hand prints. First try, no mess. Yippee! When Terry opened it Max even put his hands on his hand prints to show daddy how he did it. Supercute!
So Happy Father's Day to my dad and my baby daddy. So lucky to have both of you in my life. I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment