Monday, April 11, 2011

Rainy Day Sunny Day

A friend of mine recently posted some great pictures of her kids during a recent trip to the Snoqualmie Falls. I often forget about the Falls being in our "backyard" so to speak. It was actually one of Terry's and my first dates. Strange that we should now be living here.
Last week Max and I went out for a walk to the falls. It was horrible weather so Max had his duck suit on and we proceeded to splash in puddles and enjoy the spray from the falls.
The falls were amazing! Always a sight to behold.
Max of course was super cute.
He really enjoys being able to explore and splash around and I love that he isn't getting soaked to the skin.

We decided to walk back to the falls today because it was such a beautiful day. Washington really shines when it is sunny out. She is resplendent!! So we walked over to the falls, they are only 1 mile away. Once we got there we took Max out of the wagon and let him walk around, you know to tire him out. It is the perfect spot for it. as you will see in a minute.

There are a lot of stairs!
Terry helped him down and actually carried him a little to.
And what you can't see here, to my right is a very steep, inclined, concrete pathway that leads up to the upper lookout. Max loves the incline because he can walk up about 10 or 15 steps turn around and run down. Here is where I have some of those visions I mentioned in the previous posting. I love to watch him laugh his hinder off while he runs down. Clearly he is enjoying himself and why should I stop him from doing something that causes him so much joy?

1 comment:

  1. I love your pics! Relax, that BooBoo is just one of many to come, he is after all a Jones!!!

    ReplyDelete