Monday, August 15, 2011

Tio Horacio Salas

About 2 weeks ago my Great Uncle, Tio Horacio, passed away in his sleep. He was my Grandmothers little brother. He still lived in Chile to be close to his children and his passion, politics.
I had grown up hearing amazing stories about the things he had done or helped to get done politically and always wanted to meet him. About 5 years ago Terry and I were able to go to Chile and meet all of the rest of my family that did not come to the states. We spent several days with Tio at his house outside of Vina del Mar. I have never met a more gracious host and wonderful human. He was kind, generous, loving and the most charming gentleman you would ever meet. Definitely a story teller and very proud of his accomplishments. He ran a public relations school for many years in Chile and his clients requested his services all over the world.
After the school closed all he wanted to do was retire and start an avocado, palta, orchard. What a success that would have been. I am honored and grateful to have been able to meet him and so pleased to have been able to spend some time with him. My love and support go out to his children and my Great Aunt, Tia Lucia during this difficult time. I love you all and miss you so much.
This picture was taken when he came to visit his older sister in California about 4 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment