Monday, March 7, 2011

Ximena Salas Sibley 1922-2011

Yesterday morning at 10:30 my Gueli finally passed. After years of suffering she is finally at peace. It will be a long time before I can say the same. I am so sad that I could not have been with her for the final years of her life after being so close in the past. She finally moves closer to us all in California and I move away. Oh the injustice! The smartest, bravest, most beautiful woman I have ever known. I was so lucky to have her as my grandmother. She alone was the reason I fell in love with History and The Arts. I can remember countless trips to museums, art galleries, theatre and the ballet when I would visit her in New York. 90 years is a long time, but not nearly long enough. I only hope that I can grow up to have her courage and strength.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara, I so sorry to hear of her passing. I know how hard it was on me when my grandma passed. Remember the good times,and the joy you got from her. Pass her love and wisdom to Max, and you will have her with you always. Love you lady!

    p.s. had to correct my spelling errors on the first one! sorry!

    ReplyDelete