Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Zoomazium day with Jake

We finally got to meet up with Bridger and "Jake the Snake!" We had a great time at Zoomazium at the Woodland Park Zoo. They have an area for toddlers to climb and explore, separate from the bigger kids. We really, actually went to hear the storytime story. They bring out a live animal for the kids to pet. On the day we went the story was about an armadillo. "Edward the armadillo," was interesting looking and Max and I got to pet him. Weird creature! Max showed absolutely no fear. I am so proud. After the story we stayed and played until the boys hit the proverbial wall. We are going to try to get together more often. Eventually the boys will actually notice and play with one another.



I think the boys had a good time. Max was asleep before we even left the parking lot. We are going back there for sure. Terry really wants to check out the animal storytime.

I thought I would post another picture of Max helping me in the kitchen. He really just makes a great big mess and I spend the time carefully stepping around him until dinners ready.
I also end up having to wash everything before and after I cook. I can't stop him though, he obviously is enjoying himself.
Here are some great pictures of how we spend our day. The first is Max playing with his legos. Mostly I just build stuff and he destroys it. It is great for my ego!

His new favorite game is a cross between between peek a boo and hide and seek. He walks behind me and pats my back. Then he sneaks around to one side until I peak around and say boo. He laughs his tale off. We do this for about 10 minutes until he is laughing so hard he is breathless and crawling around me.


This week we went to Molbak's for our Christmas picture with Santa. We didn't get to see everybody that we wanted to but we will go back after the holidays and make sure to say hello to all of my peeps. I do miss each and everyone of you.  Anyway, here are some pictures of Max checking things out. I won't post our Christmas picture until afterwards. I want it to be a suprise.



Christmas this year should be great. I am so excited to see what Max thinks of it all. We are going to go get our tree on Sunday. We like to hike in the mountains and find the perfect one. I am hoping that we won't have to bolt it down in order to keep Max from climbing up! So far he is doing really well with the word, "NO!" Let's hope the decorated tree isn't to much for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment