Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Maxwell!!

Can you believe it? Max has turned 1!! Everyday I wake up and think...oh my gosh it's early!! Really Maxwell, are you sure you want to be waking up right now? Then I smile and think...oh my gosh...I have a son! We have a son! He is healthy, happy and filled with personality, from his thick, sandy blonde hair to his light bulb toes that he inhertited from his father. It is quite a change from the blob that he was in the beginning. Cute, but not very interactive.
We have been so blessed to have such a good baby. Friends say that he is the "sucker" baby. He is so good and easy that he suckers you into having another one and WHAMO!! The next baby is colicy and high maintenance. Sometimes I think about having another one. Max needs a little brother or sister, oh brother, a sister, to grow up just like me. Oh no! Not going to happen! I do not want to raise a little me. Besides, how do you divide your love. I already love Maxwell more then I love myself or Terry. How does a parent spread themself so thin. Max is all I need, especially right now. I have learned so much about myself and the person I want to be for him. Sometimes I can't wait for him to grow up and at the same time I want to keep him the way he is today.
I was so glad that my dad could finally come up to see Max! He has been unable to get away until now and it was such a bittersweet, short visit. I really miss having my family so close to me. It would be so great to have my them so closer and to have Max grow up knowing his Gramma and Grandpa. On a positive note my mom finally stepped into the 21st century and is now surfing the net. At least she gets to see all of the fan club updates and pictures. Soon, I hope, we might also be able to try skypeing. I am so proud of her for opening her mind to computers.

I am so excited about my foray into blogging. I hope that all of Maxwell's Fan Club will become followers. I will do my best to keep up with the postings on a regular basis. At least every two weeks, at the very least, once a month. I am so grateful to all of his fan club members for being so forthcoming with advice and anecdotal tidbits. The most important thing that I have learned this past year, it really does take a village! Thank you!

1 comment: