Monday, September 27, 2010

Ah-ha Moment


Just now, while I was snuggling Max before his nap, I had the most amazing ah-ha moment. Sitting there, looking down at his face and thinking, I am someones mommy. I will always be Maxwell's mommy and that is the most important thing to remember. His health, happiness and security are my only priority. I have had a pretty rough week, this last week, with some pretty low lows and some pretty good highs, but I have to keep in mind that Max is the most important thing in the world. The decisions that I make, that we make as a family, are all centered around what is best for Max. Looking at his sleeping face, I cried and made a promise to be the best mommy I could. How could anyone do any less when they look into the face of their child.



1 comment:

  1. Just in case you didn't already know, based on the smile on his face, you are an awesome Mom!! I knew you would be.
    There use to be a sign hanging in my moms house when we were growing up,it read:
    "Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow, cause babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
    That simple little poem, got me through some hectic times. Love you, Lara, Max's awesome mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete