Monday, March 11, 2013

Swimming with Daddy

It has been close to a year since we have been able to take Maxwell swimming. I feel horrible about that. I have a good excuse though, I have been kind of busy. The last time we went it was just Maxwell and I and I was pregnant. It felt great to be in the water, but he requires constant attention in the pool and I obviously can't do it by myself with both kids.
So back to the pool we went on Friday with daddy and Isabel in tow. Maxwell has started to not like the water so much. As evident by his dislike of bath night. You would think we were pouring acid on him with the way he reacts when we want to wash his hair.
Well, it has translated to the pool. He doesn't like getting splashed in the face so he doesn't do much reaching and kicking anymore. So, swim lessons, here we come. I love the water. I feel totally at home in any body of water and I want Maxwell to enjoy it to.

 He has a smile on his face the entire time in the water.

 He does a good job of working at it while we hold him. He also loves the noodles. He puts them under his arms and goes everywhere in the pool by himself.

He is a bit of a cling-on when he finally gets tired.

Isabel had a good time I think. She did lots of back floating and front floating and even did really good under the water. Sadly, I did not get any pictures of her in the pool or out. I will try next time we go. She looked adorable in her fuzzy pink bathrobe that Nana C got for her.

In the end, a good time had by all. We will try to go again before Terry goes back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment