Friday, November 30, 2012

Maxwell the Baker

The Holidays are rapidly approaching and we are hard at work on baking yummy treats. Since the rain has been coming down pretty hard lately, Maxwell and I have taken to baking instead of outdoor activities. We started the day by making daddies favorite, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. I have started to make it healthier by adding flax meal and using whole wheat flour. It tastes incredible! 
Maxwell loves eating the chocolate chips as we work. I try to keep it to a minimum, but he is such a good helper, he deserves a treat.

 Look at how intently he is checking out those chocolate chips! I am sure in his little mind he is thinking, if I just look hard enough maybe she will give them ALL to me!

 Wait, you want me to put them all in there?!? What the heck!

 Okay, I guess.

 There were a few that fell on the counter and he picked them up and put them in the bowl...all except one.

What a delicious baker!

After the banana bread and a nap we made pumpkin and turkey shaped pumpkin cookies for his preschool friends feast on the day before Thanksgiving. We roasted a pumpkin, from the preschool pumpkin patch outing and used some for the cookies. Maxwell and daddy put the icing on them and they were great. He had a blast rolling out the dough and using cookie cutters. Our next little moms group actvity is Christmas cookies, so he will be very prepared.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment