Saturday, June 30, 2012

Safety Day at the Museum

We went to the Museum of Flight last Friday for Kids Safety Day. It was loads of fun! We started out outside in the parking lot and I was completely unprepared for the day. When we left the house it wasn't that ugly outside. By the time we got to the museum it was raining cats and dogs, goats and frogs. Max was still happy to be there and see all the fire trucks. We got loads of new coloring books about fire safety and Smokey Bear and a new fire hat. He loved walking around looking at the fire trucks, getting to go inside an ambulance and the swift water rescue raft. The rain didn't bother him at all. A true Washingtonian.

By the time we made it into the museum we were all soaked to the bone and Max was on fire. He ran around looking and touching everything. I have never seen him so fired up. Terry was kind of suprised by his exhuberance also.

 Max and daddy as firefighters! Aren't they a handsome pair?

 Flying a plane in the kids zone.

Flying a helicopter and loving it.

Never again will I leave the house without the proper gear and fully prepared. I am hoping that summer actually arrives and I won't need to worry about it. On the plus side, Max didn't even seem to realize that anything was amiss, so once again it is all me and my issue and needing to learn to roll with the punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment