Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Play date with Jake

We had a play date with Jake "The Snake" this week. Bridgette and I always laugh that we never get to talk to each other whenever we get together. The boys each have their own agenda. This time I got proof that they were actually within a 2 feet of each other. Though they really didn't even know that the other was even there. Both boys are really, do it yourself kind of kids. They don't wait to see what anyone else is doing they just go for it.

We started out looking at a huge train track and played a little until Max spotted something far more interesting.
A rabbit hutch, at just his level. I swear I did not put him in there. Bridgette can vouch for me. She saw him climb in. He climbed in all by himself. And once inside he took out all the stuffed bunnies and other stuff that was taking up the space. You can even see the debris on the bottom left of the picture.


We spent the majority of our time in the toddler area, until the boys separately discovered the door out to the big kids area.
There was also a huge big rig truck with a sleeper cab for the kids to climb in and check out from the inside. Max obviously can not wait to drive.
I think the best part was a huge Lite Brite board. Bridgette and I agreed that we both loved them as kids. The boys seemed to like them also. That was when I got some shots of the two of them standing right next to each other, paying no attention to the other.



I think the boys had a good time and Bridgette and I want to get them together more often so they can play together and we can actually talk and catch up on stuff. It sure was fun though. Thanks for treating us, Bridgette. We will have to go back there soon.

1 comment: