Monday, July 12, 2010

Almost 11 months old

Okay, when I started this blog I thought I would be blogging all the time. It turns out I decided to do a weekly e-mail instead. Boy, did that turn out to be alot of work!! I have enjoyed doing it but as Max has gotten older I have had less and less time to get anything done. So now I am turning back to the blog.

Since that first post things have changed. I was such a novice!! Just kidding! I'm still a novice and I learn something new everyday. Max has just gotten better and better. He is still such a good baby and finally at about 7 months he started to sleep through the night consistently. It was a long, hard, road getting there. It would be ideal if I went to sleep when he did, but that just isn't possible.

That is still the one thing I miss most about being a parent. I think, for the most part, my selfishness has disappeared, except for the sleep. I discovered very early on that my mommy hearing works really, really well. My mom always said that her mommy hearing still worked, even as I got older, so I expected it. But WOW, does it really work. People think I am a horrible mom for sleeping with ear plugs, but as Terry can attest to, I still wake up at the first peep Max makes, before Terry does. What does that tell you?? I hear his breathing, his sighs, when he coughs, sneezes, burps or farts. I hear everything!! I have to sleep with earplugs or I would never get any sleep. I love my son, so much I could spit, but I really miss my sleep. The people in my life, who know me best, know how precious my sleep is to me. I really, really miss my sleep.

So for this post I am going to publish a couple of photos from the last year that sum up the last 10 months of Maxwell and how great he is. I hope that everyone enjoys this blog as much as the weekly e-mails. Max will still be doing some narration but we probably won't be posting every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment